Pasta Bling for the Young
Uses: This is a fun art project for young children that can actually be worn!
- string, yarn, fishing wire, earring hooks, unfinished hair clips (the hooks and clips can be bought at any craft store)
- glue/hot glue gun
- any kind of dried pasta that you like – but you will need ones with holes in them for a necklace or bracelet
- paint, optional
Procedure/What to do:
- If you want to paint the pasta to make it different colors, you should do that first, and let it dry, before putting the jewelry together.
- Necklace or Bracelet – First tie a knot in one end, then string the dried pasta on in any order you want. Once you have filled the string up, tie a knot in the other end so the dried pasta does not slip off. Finally, tie the two ends together at the desired length to make your necklace or bracelet.
- Earrings – Get the hooks from any craft store and some fishing wire. Tie a strand of fishing wire to the loop at the end of the earring hook. String a few small pieces of dried pasta onto the wire and knot the ends. To jazz it up a little bit, you can tie a knot at the end with a colored bead which you can also get at any craft store.
- Hair Clip – Put some glue on the plain part of the hair clip (a hot glue gun holds the pasta best). Arrange any dried pasta on the clip any way that you desire. Let it dry and it’s ready to use!